to my biology class. This science class is going to be different from previous science classes because I integrate technology
into a majority of my curriculum as well as letting the student conduct the learning while I facilitate the learning. So I
hope you will like to join me on this biology quest.
· Know and follow the school's policy and classroom rules
· Always be courteous and respectful towards your fellow students
· Accept responsibility for completing your
Materials: Bring these materials to class daily.
· Prentice Hall Biology Text (Leave it at home)
· calculator (dollar store's calculators are fine)
· a bound notebook for all of your lab work (college or wide rule)
· 1'' binder for all other class activities
· Color Pencils or Markers
Policy: Grades will be based on point system. To find your average, take the
total points earned and divide them by the total points possible.
· 50 points
· 35 points
· 25 points
· 15 points
· 10 points
Class Work & Homework
· 5 points Group Discussions
100 A Outstanding Performance
89 B Above Average Performance
79 C Average Performance
69 D Below Average Performance
can earn up to 50 points per quarter and 150 points per semester for extra credit. Extra credit will be added at the end of
the current quarter and/or semester.
Work: It is your responsibility to obtain
and complete make-up work.
· For each day of school missed, two days are allowed to complete any makeup
· If absent on the day of a lab, students are requires to write a 2-3 page
research paper on a given topic.
· If absent the day lab notebooks are due, turn in your lab notebook the next
· If absent the day of a test, be prepared to take the test in the next two
days before or after school
Late Assignments will not be accepted, you will receive a zero!
Unit 1: The Nature of Life
Unit 2: The Cell
Unit 3: Genetics
Unit 4: Evolution
Unit 5: Bacteria, Viruses, and the Fungi Kingdom
Unit 6: The Plant Kingdom
Unit 7: The Animal Kingdom
Unit 8: The Human Body
Unit 9: Ecology